1. What of the following is not a primary purpose of Search Spiders?
a. Collect summaries of pages
b. Find updated page information
c. Follow web links
d. Index websites for web search engines
e. All of the above are primary purposes
2. Authors submit their web pages and documents to web directory services to have them categorized?
3. What was UseNet a primitive example of?
a. Web directory
b. E-Mail Lists
d. Web Groups
e. Search Engine
4. What is one reason to use web directories? (Short Answer)
5. What is not a defining characteristic of Groups?
a. Messages are sent between users
b. Messages are sometimes searchable
c. Messages are organized by category
d. Messages are highly-personalized
e. Messages are stored in a central location
6. Which of the following is not a directory site?
c. Starting Point
d. Yahoo Directory
4. "Useful when starting a new search and browsing to find a category"