09 News Search
We learn about the major news search tools, as well as how to integrate them with your knowledge of RSS.
- Go through “At beginning of class” information
- I'll lecture for a bit (using some slides).
- Work on exercises.
At beginning of class
On your own
- Be sure to have all of your information entered under “Basic/Grades”. Otherwise, I can't record your grades!
- Do not leave class today if your information is not entered into the SiteMaker site.
- My wife's MRI came back with less-than-encouraging news.
- She now has a biopsy scheduled for next Monday during class. I should be with her.
- So we're not having class next Monday.
- Check who is doing class notes for today. I had to change this a bit for this class and next Monday because of the previous item.
- Because of the turmoil of yesterday in my family, I didn't get much grading done.
- I hope to have more graded soon.
- I hope to discuss the search tool data analysis assignment next class.
- Go over any other announcements you might have missed since last class.
- Check the start page for any blogs you might be interested in that you might have missed.
- From now on you don't have to “turn in” blogs with a piece of paper. You simply need to record the page within the SiteMaker page. I will be able to see that the page doesn't have a grade and will grade it (with a goal of the next class for the rest of the semester).
I'll go over
- Let's look over the upcoming industry updates.
- A little feedback about this class compared to last year
- Industry updates
- None today
- General news search
- Local newspapers
page revision: 0, last edited: 30 Aug 2009 15:07