12 Project Day
We are going to discuss the term project.
At beginning of class
- I will pass the analysis write-up assignments back.
- You should check your grade records. I have entered your grades for almost all of the blogs, for the first data assignment, and for the analysis assignment.
- The following students do not have grade records. Show them what to do:
- Short notes about your writing:
- digits of precision
- [query delimiters]
- Notes about search write-up
- meta-search engine
- Additional research topics (for search engine experiment)
- Relevance of top 5/10/20
- Overlap of relevant in top 5/10/20
Analysis assignment information
- Average: 83.6
- Median: 84
- Standard deviation: 11.2
Distribution of grades
5 |0 6 | 7 |68 8 |003335577 9 |026 10|2
- Questions & queries
- you got 10 points if you showed both your questions and queries
- Data that I collected
- you got 10 points if you showed all of the data
- There are 40 possible points here.
- No statistics: 5 pts/ up to 10 points if discussion is good.
- Mean information: 15 pts/ up to 20 points if discussion is good.
- Spread information (i.e., s.d.): 25 pts/ up to 30 points if discussion is good.
- hypothesis testing: 35 pts/ up to 40 points if discussion is good.
- There are 40 possible points here. I looked for responses related to meaning, recommendations, learning, and further questions. I read everyone's responses, and grouped like responses together while ranking them. I then assigned points from 15 to 37 depending on the relative quality and completeness of your responses.
page revision: 0, last edited: 30 Aug 2009 15:07