Web-based information resources
This is the home page for BIT330, “Web-based information resources”, taught by Scott Moore at the Ross School of Business in Fall (September—December) 2009. This site has all the information you will need for this class, including assignments and the schedule. I'm not using a forum this year for posting questions — I encourage you to use twitter or email to contact me or (heaven forbid!) talk with me during office hours.
If you're wondering why you might want to take this class, then you should watch this video.
Here is a page that lists the best search tools for business students that we discussed and explored in Fall 2008.
Tools of interest
- General — Google, Yahoo
- Blog — GBlog
- News — GNews, SiloBreaker, NewsSift
- Academic — GScholar, Scirus, GBooks, Biznar
- Alerts — GAlerts, WatchThatPage, FeedRinse, Yahoo Pipes, Dapper
- Custom Search — GCustom Search Engine
- Images — GImages, Compfight (for flickr), Exalead Images
- Analysis — GTrends, Alexa
- Video — Bing Videos, YouTube, Hulu, GVideo, VideoSurf
- Metasearch — Info, Kosmix, Search!O
- Social — Digg (news), Delicious (bookmarking)
- People — WhitePages, Pipl
Announcements (show all)
These are the five most recent announcements. The rest are on the show all page.
|29 Dec 2009 15:03||Project Summary 2009|
|I will be posting your course grades sometime late Thursday. I have finished recording your assignment grades on the Web site.|
|24 Dec 2009 17:18||Course Grade 2009|
|Here are some instructions if you have questions about any grades from this semester.|
|24 Dec 2009 16:08||Participation Grades 2009|
|Much of what we did in this course revolved around work that we did during class time. This is where we generated new information so that we could learn about these evolving Internet tools. These three grades had three components:|
|07 Dec 2009 15:40||Search Engine Analysis Assignment Information|
|In this post I provide some feedback based on my grading of this assignment.|
|07 Dec 2009 15:31||Test Results|
|Here's information about the test results.|
Blog entries (show all)
These are the 5 most recent blog entries. The rest are on the show all page.